Physical activity and posture
PAMSys is a clinical-grade wearable sensor for continuous remote monitoring of physical activity, sleep, posture, gait parameters and falls.
The PAMSys sensor includes advanced algorithms to detect non-compliance of participants in wearing the sensor. The sensor has a very long battery life (up to 6 months) and large memory capacity to record both raw and analyzed data and can be worn as a pendant or on the wrist.
The PAMSys sensor is integrated into Sensor-integrated ePRO technology and BioDigit Cloud. The architecture of the system is fully flexible and allows modular deployment of system components (from using PAMSys sensors only for passive monitoring to full system deployment for real time data access).
BioSensics has a mid-stage development program to create a system for remote monitoring of instrumented activities of daily living and life space, and to explore the application of the system for continuous monitoring of cognitive decline in older adults with dementia.
Posture and postural transition
- Posture classification (sitting, standing, walking and lying down)
- Postural transition (duration and number of occurrence)
- Sedentary behavior
- Number of steps (for example per hour)
- Walking duration (for example per hour)
- Time stamp of individual steps
- Cadence variability
- Number of episodes of walking (for example per day)
- Number of steps per walking episode
Sleep and sleep quality
- Start- and end-time of periods of lying down
- Sleep onset latency
(i.e., time lying down before sleep onset)
- Wake time after sleep onset
- Total sleep time
Falls and fall risk
- Falls (number of falls and time of occurrence)
- Continuous fall risk monitoring
*PAMSys is neither offered, marketed, nor intended for use as a medical device as defined by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.